This whole blogging, searching for a podcast, RSS feeds and so forth has been a lesson in humiliation for me! Anything that I can do to confound the computer, apparently I do. I have had a search and Internet incompatibility for as long as I have been trying to search the Internet. My search results are either imprecise or irrelevant. I hope this will make me better able to relate to library patrons who are having unsuccessful searches. I am going to go with the theory that WHEN I get the hang of this I will know the material so thoroughly that I will be an excellent resource.
So without further ado. I used the google search engine to find the following two podcasts.
http://media.barnesandnoble.com/index.jsp?fr_story=cec1f50f6a93ba5a84addfca3a253edc57c314c1
http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2008/09/09/39_clues/
Both podcasts showcase the same book series The 39 Clues. In this series children are encouraged to read the book, keep track of the clues they found (in the book and on trading cards) on a companion website, and compete for prize money. The first podcast is from the author of the first book in the series. The second podcast is from a marketplace standpoint of the publishing company Scholastic.
I am looking to see how technology is influencing children's literature and the implications for public libraries. It is easy to find examples of technology influencing children's literature however, it is a challenge to see exactly how these changes are occurring. Is it changes in technology itself or is literature adapting to the multi-media world? I found podcasts of specific books on publishing websites (they looked like a movie premier for a book). I also found several podcasts of people reading children's books aloud. The two podcasts I chose seem to represent the fluidity of the relationship between technology and children's literature.
No comments:
Post a Comment